To ensure we all stay safe while using Council facilities, events and programs, please continue to follow these COVID-19 directions:
- Wear a mask everywhere indoors (except at home) and outdoors when you can’t physically distance from others
- Follow check in procedures at venues
- Maintain social distancing
- Wash your hands
And of course, get tested if you have any symptoms as soon as possible.
What measures is Council taking to ensure public safety at events, programs and facilities?
Greater Dandenong City Council is committed to protecting the health and safety of staff, members of the community, and all other visitors from the risks of COVID-19.
All staff and contractors follow the Department of Health's advice and information and ensure activities and facilities operate in accordance with the current Chief Health Officer’s Directions.
- Screening questions and posters are used to remind people of COVID-19 symptoms to monitor for and ensure anybody unwell is supported to return home and get a COVID-19 test.
- All council facilities are equipped with sanitisation stations and an increased cleaning regime has been implemented.
- Social distancing is encouraged through the use of venue capacity caps as well as floor decals and posters displayed to remind people to stand 1.5metres apart.
- All events, programs and facilities keep secure records of attendees and make these available to the Department of Health if required for contact tracing.
24/7 Coronavirus Hotline - 1800 675 398
If you suspect you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days.
Advice in your language: call the TIS National on 131 450 and ask for the coronavirus hotline to get 1:1 advice over the phone.
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions
Visit the DHHS website for up to date information about the current restriction levels.
Case locations and outbreaks
The latest advice from DHHS regarding exposure sites.
Where to get tested
If you are feeling unwell or have visited an exposure location, please get tested. There are many local testing sites available.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Translated resources
For the latest advice on how to stay safe and well, please see the extensive list of translated resources on the DHHS website.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment
Victorians can apply for a $450 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment that provides financial support while they self-isolate to wait for the results of a coronavirus (COVID-19) test.
Mental health resources
The Greater Dandenong Community Wellbeing Plan reinforces the holistic nature of health and wellbeing by identifying actions that relate to the promotion of broad mental health. While the City of Greater Dandenong is not a direct service provider in the area of mental health, there are a number of local providers.
Stay in the loop
- Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join the official government WhatsApp channel on Apple or Android.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
Virus mapping sites:
COVID-19 Near Me 2021 is an unofficial website based on open data (CC-BY) and other official sources.
Information, assistance and resources for Businesses
It is mandatory for every Victorian business to have a COVIDSafe Plan. For a full guide, visit the COVIDSafe Plan page.
Guidance and frequently asked questions for different sectors. Visit the Coronavirus website.
We want to make it as easy as possible for businesses to welcome the community safely back to the cafes and restaurants we know and love. Find out more on the Outdoor Dining page.
Business Grants and Assistance
Please monitor the Business Grants and Assistance page and sign up to our business newsletter, Talking Business for future opportunities.
Great Bites Open for Business
We've compiled a list of businesses which are still offering Great Bites via takeaway. If you are a local business that's still operating in some way, please visit the Great Bites Open for Business page to find out how to promote your food business.