COVID-19 Project Support Officers
Do you need support with making sure your business or community group is meeting its COVIDSafe requirements?
In partnership with the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR), the City of Greater Dandenong have welcomed COVID Project Support Officers to provide local businesses and community groups information and advice regarding the Victorian Government’s latest COVID-19 requirements.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19 transmission, all Victorian businesses and community venues are required to have registered for the Victorian Government QR Code Service and have completed a COVIDSafe Plan.
Book an appointment or webinar with our staff to have your COVID-related questions answered.
All Victorian businesses and community venues must register for the Victorian Government QR Code Service to check-in all visitors on arrival, including:Victorian Government QR Code Service
- Contractors, and
- Any other visitors
This is a free service and helps contact tracers if there is a positive case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) at any location. Make sure that posters are displayed in an area that is easy for people to check-in. Visit the Victorian Government's website for more information
Businesses and community venues are also required to have a completed COVIDSafe Plan and apply the six principles for COVIDSafe workplaces:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear a face mask
- Practise good hygiene
- Keep electronic records and act quickly
- Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- Create workforce bubbles
A COVIDSafe Plan helps to protect staff, customers, visitors, and the community. It also prepares a business or community venue for suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the workplace.
A COVIDSafe Plan should be printed and completed and kept on-site at the workplace where it is easy to find.
To help you understand your obligations and to complete your COVIDSafe Plan for your business or community venue, please watch the following presentation delivered by Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) at the Greater Dandenong Chamber of Commerce Business Webinar.
COVID Check-in Marshals
The roadmap to Deliver the National Plan sets out how the state can safely reopen, while ensuring our health system is capable of supporting Victorians when they need it most. A new element of Victoria’s roadmap is the role of the COVID Check-In Marshal. Many venues are required to have a COVID Check-In Marshal when open to the public.
The City of Greater Dandenong has developed a video resource explaining:
- The role of the COVID Check-In Marshal
- Accepted proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
- Tips for talking to customers
How can Council help?
Our Officers are available to help your business or community group with:
- Setting up QR codes
- Providing a COVIDSafe Plan template
- Support with completing the COVIDSafe Plan
- Measuring density quotients
- Providing advice regarding the six principles of COVIDSafe workplaces
- Providing information on grants and funding available to businesses
If you would like some support and a visit from one of our officers, please email COVID19@cgd.vic.gov.au with your business/group name, contact details and enquiry.
Select the helpful links below to keep you COVIDSafe:
- Details on restrictions by industry for workplaces - How we Work: Current restrictions
- Template and information for the mandatory plan - COVIDSafe Plan
- Register your business or organisation for this free service Victoria QR Code App - Victorian Government QR Code App
- Information regarding the 4m2 rule and signage requirements - Density Quotients
- Restrictions applicable for some industries - Additional Industry Obligations
- For printing and display in your business - Signs, Posters and Templates
- Translated Coronavirus Victoria website - Translated Information about COVID-19
- Details on how workplaces must operate under COVID requirements - Six Principles for a COVID safe Workplace
- Features extensive information regarding requirements and restrictions for workplaces and businesses - Workplace Directions
- Find out if your business or organisation needs a Marshal - COVID Marshals and COVID Check-in Marshals
- Features a step by step guide on employer obligations - What to do if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the Workplace
If you would like this information posted directly to your business please email Council at email@example.com.
Translated COVIDSafe Plans in specific languages