Greater Dandenong Council is excited to announce a new look to our annual Sustainability Festival, now re-branded as the 'Forever Fest' - 'Sustainable living for now and the future'.
Forever Fest will run over nine days, with each day focusing on the eight themes of our Climate Emergency Strategy.
With elements to suit all age groups and interests, Forever Fest has something for anyone. Every activity across the festival is free and accessible through various online platforms.
Make sure you select 'going' on our Facebook event page so you can stay up to date as we unveil the exciting program and share how you can get involved.
Day 1 Program
Note - Day 1 will be streamed at Springvale Community Hub where we will also be running in-person activities and stalls
9am - 9.45am - Launch of the Forever Fest/Sustainability Awards voting and #PlasticFreeCGD party launch. (Zoom and In-person)
9.45am - 9.55am - Dianne McGrath - Forever Fest ambassador (Zoom)
There will be the opportunity to meet Dianne in person and get your photo on the day at Springvale Community Hub
9.55am - 10.20am - Trash Puppets Workshop (Zoom and In-person)
10.20am - 10.50am - Charlotte Connell - Al Gore's Climate Reality Project Workshop (Zoom)
11.20am - 12.15pm - Zero-Waste cooking class with Alice Zaslavsky
12.15pm - 1.15pm - Local musician sets (Zoom)
1.15pm - 1.30pm - Festival Wrap-Up for Day 1
Other in-person activities include:
- Clothes swap - You can swap one item for another (we are accepting all sizes, accessories shoes, etc) and anything left over on the day will be donated to a local op-shop.
- Plant-potting with Council's parks team
- Animals of Oz Roving workshops
- Bike n' Blend
- Seed and seedling swap
- Make your move pledge
- Sustainable stall-holders
- On-site #PlasticFreeCGD Cafe - we have 200 keep-cups to give-away on the day
Download Day 1 Festival Documents
Registrations are not required for this event.
Some sections of this program will be delivered online via Zoom. This is a live streamed event which is accessed via a link. Select the 'Zoom Sessions Link' button below.
Some sections of this program will be delivered in person at the location listed below.
Participants will require the following
For In-person events you will need
- Contact details (Name, Email Address, Contact Number) to check-in on the day
- Smart phones/Smart Devices to scan QR code (if you don't have access to these, there will be staff to check you in)
- Face mask
All COVIDSafe guidelines will be fully met to ensure public safety for this event. All attendees will be checked via QR code.
For Zoom events you will need
- Computer, laptop, or smartphone.
- Zoom link provided below