We have some great competitions this year.
Little World Explorers Story Competition
See your story brought to life as an animation.
Now for the second year, Greater Dandenong Children’s Festival would love to share with the whole community an amazing story created by a young local writer.
We invite primary school students living or studying in Greater Dandenong to send in an original short story they have written on the theme of Little World Explorers. Subjects could include but are not limited to adventure, exploration, rediscovering places close to home and new ways of seeing the world.
One amazing tale will be chosen for its originality, style and storyline. The winning story will be announced during Children’s Week in October 2021 and be brought to life by the magic of animation in time for next year’s Greater Dandenong Children’s Festival.
Entries close Sunday 3 October 2021.
- To enter the competition, entrants must complete the Entry Form during the competition period.
- Children write a short story between 200 – 400 words. Stories written on the entry form, physical or scanned illustrated stories, and entries typed in the online form are accepted.
- All fields in the entry form must be completed and the form signed by a parent or guardian.
- The entry must be submitted in the competition period. The competition period is from Saturday 18 September to Sunday 3 October 2021.
How to enter
Alternatively you can print out the hard copy entry form and either:
- Scan the written or illustrated story and email it to email@example.com
- Post your written form or illustrated story to Greater Dandenong Children’s Festival, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175.
Print out the black and white version of the Children’s Festival 2021 poster below to colour in and send by email or post by Sunday 4 October to be eligible for some great giveaways.
Download the colouring in sheet - 480KB
- Email your scanned picture to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your picture to Greater Dandenong Children’s Festival, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175
- When submitting your entry please include the name and age of the child.
During September, Greater Dandenong Council is celebrating Biodiversity month by partnering with eight of our neighbouring councils to hold the Biodiversity Blitz 2021. The competition is running between all nine councils (Greater Dandenong, Casey, Monash, Kingston, Knox, Frankston, Mornington Peninsula, Cardinia, and Yarra Ranges) on who can record the most species.
Participating is easy, all you need is your phone.
Join the City of Greater Dandenong's team from the 1-30 September by simply heading outdoors to snap photos of flora and fauna in the Greater Dandenong and then upload to iNaturalist. You'll be contributing to community science and showing the world the amazing biodiversity Greater Dandenong has to offer.