Greater Dandenong City Council is committed to protecting the health and safety of staff, members of the community, and all other visitors from the risks of COVID-19. This event has been postponed as per the current advice from the Victorian Department of Health. Please visit the COVID Corner – Community Information Centre page for further Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and support.
Would you like to see where the rubbish from your household bins go once collected from your nature strip?
Come along on a tour to see what happens to your garbage, recycling, garden waste and food scraps once the trucks empty your bins at home.
Join us to learn more about:
- How your recycling is separated and sorted
- How your food scraps and garden waste are turned into compost for our Victorian farmers
- What can and cannot go in the yellow lid recycling bin
- What can and cannot go in the green lid garden and food waste bin
- Landfill process at a local landfill site
Registrations are required for this event. Select the "Register now" button below.
Tour dates - Please choose one tour
- Thursday 17 June, 9.15am - 3pm
- Wednesday 30 June, 9.15am - 3pm
Confirmation of booking will be sent upon registration.
A follow up reminder and full tour itinerary will be sent closer to the tour.
This program will be delivered in person at the locations listed below.
Meeting point: Ross Reserve, Memorial Drive Noble Park (outside Noble Park Community Centre)
Time: 9.15am arrival at meeting point, depart at 9.30am.
Participants will require the following
- Light snack and bottle of drink
- Sturdy walking shoes
- An email address
- Contact details (Name, email address, contact number) to check-in on the day
- Smartphone/smart device to scan QR Code (If you do not, there will be staff to check you in)
All COVIDSafe guidelines will be fully met to ensure public safety for this event. All attendees will be checked via QR Code.