Greater Dandenong Libraries' Language and Literacy Service offers free independent language and literacy advice and referrals. The Libraries' qualified staff specialise in English as a Second Language (ESL) and adult literacy.
The Language and Literacy program helps adults to
- find the right English class
- obtain further study and employment information
- develop lifelong skills.
The service offers face-to-face appointments or drop-in sessions for help with
- resumes, interview skills and job searching
- writing letters
- forms and applications
- language and/or literacy assessments
- referrals to appropriate English language/ literacy courses based on an assessment of the client’s needs
- IELTS preparation
- advice for further study and employment opportunities
- advocacy on behalf of clients
For free help speak to our friendly staff or phone the library on 1300 630 920 (during opening hours).
Leave your name, phone number or email and Language and Literacy staff will contact you within 48 hours, or come to a drop in session at the following locations during school terms only.
Dandenong Library - Tuesdays 1pm-3pm and Thursdays 2pm-5pm
Springvale Library - Wednesdays 2pm-5pm and Fridays 2pm-4pm
A library card, email address and mobile phone are required for most services.
It is free to join the library and membership is open to everyone.
For more information view the Library Membership page.
Email email@example.com or phone 1300 630 920 if you have any questions.
See below for a range of free online resources and services.