As the weather is getting colder and the days are getting shorter, sometimes we might lack motivation to get active outside.
While there’s something about a nice warm sunny day that motivates us to get outside, remember that moving is the fastest way to get warm on a cold winter’s day.
Here are some tips on how you can Make Your Move this winter
- If it’s too cold and dark to walk before or after work, head out for a lunchtime walk instead.
- Move your outdoor workouts indoors. Head to the gym or consider a home-based exercise program.
- Don’t let the wet weather be an excuse not to move. Try working out in front of the big screen instead. There are plenty of online exercise videos to choose from!
- Take advantage of the cooler days and make the most of your weekends by heading out for a long bushwalk, hike or bike ride – activities which are less appealing in the hot summer sun.
- If you enjoy the water, check out your local Leisure Centre to do a few laps or join a class.
One of the many benefits of regular exercise is boosting your immune system. People who exercise regularly are less likely to get a cold and if they do, they recover faster. A good reason to Make Your Move this winter.