Council works alongside a number of organisations in an effort to support and enable local clubs and groups, and partners with organisations at a local, state or federal level to develop and implement given programs, events and initiatives.
Below is a list of current Council partners and stakeholders.
Sport and Health Organisations
- Sport Australia - Sport Australia is the operating brand name of the Australian Sports Commission (ASC), a Commonwealth entity within the Australian Government’s Department of Health Portfolio.
- VicSport - Peak body for sport and active recreation in Victoria.
- Sport and Recreation Victoria - Sport and Recreation Victoria (Victorian Government)
- Disability Sport and Recreation Victoria - Working to ensure Victorians with disability have equal opportunities to take part in the sport and recreation activities they want to participate in.
- Access for All Abilities - Australia’s only first-point-of call service connecting people with a disability to sports and recreational opportunities in Victoria.
- VicHealth - The Victorian Health Promotion Foundation (VicHealth) primary focus is promoting good health and preventing chronic disease
- Monash Health - The City of Greater Dandenong is proud to partner with Monash Health on a number of health promotion initiatives including the Healthy Sports Club program.
- This Girl Can - The City of Greater Dandenong is proud to be a supporter of the ‘This Girl Can’ campaign. Aimed at inspiring women of all ages to get moving.
Governing bodies for specific sports
- Athletics Victoria - Governing body of Athletics in Victoria.
- Australian Football League - Governing body of Australian Rules Football for Australia.
- Bowls Victoria - Governing body of Bowls in Victoria and Australia.
- Cricket Australia - Governing body for Cricket in Australia.
- Football Federation Victoria - Governing body of Soccer in Victoria.
- Hockey Victoria - Governing body of Hockey in Victoria.
- Little Athletics Victoria - Governing body for Little Athletics in Victoria. A modified version of Athletics for ages 5-16.
- Tennis Australia and Tennis Victoria - Governing body of Tennis in Australia and Victoria.