Greater Dandenong Libraries offers programs and resources to support young people in the development of skills to encourage learning and creativity in design, technology and the arts. These programs for ages 12-25 years provide the opportunity to explore these areas and connect with others.
For more information see the What's On calendar or contact the Library during opening hours on 1300 630 920.
Subscribe and receive information on local events from Greater Dandenong Libraries each month.
These programs consist of video playlist of for young people and adults. Regular programs include: monthly Art Series.
Workshops and special programs
A video playlist of special library online events to explore your creativity. Includes zine making, comic paneling, painting and much more.
Resources and services
This video playlist has information about resources and services, such as Tech Assist and digital resources.
Borrow books and online resources
The library provides a wide range of free resources for young people that include:
Online resources include:
- eBooks and eAudiobooks, including Premiers Reading Challenge titles and VCE titles
- Encyclopedias, databases and reference resources to support online learning
- Tutoring available 24/7 with Studiosity
- Learn a language with Mango
- Learn a new skill for employment with Lynda.com
- Get ready for driving with Aussie Driver
- Unlimited streaming of movies with Kanopy
Visit the catalogue to browse the content.
Library members may be required to login with a library card number and PIN to access some resources.
It is free to join the library and membership is open to everyone. For more information view the Library Membership page.
Need study help
The Library offers these services:
Homework Help offers:
- assistance finding information
- support accessing eBooks, eAudiobooks, online resources and online programs
- free home delivery of items (for residents of Greater Dandenong)
- guidance in using technology
A reply will be received within 3 business days.
Students are able to receive help from online tutors during school terms with the library’s Studiosity online resource. Connect online 24/7 with live experts or receive feedback in writing within 24 hours.
Ask a Librarian
Ask a question about accessing our digital collection. Ask for help finding information for a school project. Or just not sure what to read next? Ask one of our librarians for assistance.
Complete the Ask a Librarian form with a question and a reply will be received within 3 business days.
Book a recording booth
(Currently suspended until further notice)
The Dandenong Library has a state of the art recording booth available for the community to record music, podcast, voice overs or creative their own works.
For bookings contact the library.
Book a gaming console
Gaming consoles available: Playstation4, XboxOne, WiiU.
Games available include Mario Kart, Fifa and many more.
Booking the gaming consoles:
- Sessions can be booked on the hour or half hour time slots on the day and in person only
- Users must have a valid library card to book a gaming console
- Users must agree to the gaming console conditions of use.
- Children under 10 years old must have direct supervision by parent/guardian and use their own library card
Available at Springvale and Dandenong Libraries. For bookings contact the library.
Be safe online
Council youth services and programs
Youth Services is an organisation that works with young people aged 12-25 years and their families. A list of resources are available to support home learning, entertain and improve youth wellbeing.