During February and March 2021, community consultation occurred on the draft concept plan. Council was very pleased with the level of interest in this project, receiving a diverse range of feedback on the draft concept plan for the new playground.
The main themes and ideas that emerged from the community's comments to the survey provided council with clear direction on the design improvements required to finalise the neighbourhood playground design.
These elements are:
- Water sensory play and a sandpit with play elements
- The half-court will have a fusion soccer/basketball goal to diversify the ball game options
- Traditional swings
- A trampoline
- Additional barbeque's, tables and seating in the picnic and barbeque area
- Additional seating and picnic tables located in other areas of the playground
- Increased shade will be provided
Council thank you for your contribution which has helped shape the design of this new neighbourhood playground.