Dandenong Park was established over 100 years ago and is historically significant, being an important arrival gateway to central Dandenong.
An area of more than 17 hectares, the Dandenong Creek and the regional bike trail runs through this district park. Dandenong Park includes Shepley Oval, the historic home for Dandenong Park's sports facilities, with the football and cricket clubs being established in 1874.
Dandenong Park is a destination for many community gatherings, ranging from family barbeques to community festivals.
Things to do
- Go for a walk through the leafy park
- Enjoy the floral displays within the north area precinct
- Go for a ride along the Dandenong Creek regional bike trail
- Play a game of table tennis, basketball or futsal
- Visit the district playground and its adjoining picnic and barbeque area
Dandenong Park Master Plan
The Dandenong Park Regional Leisure Precinct Master Plan (July 2007) aims to define how Dandenong Park can realise its potential as a multi-purpose open space area that enables a broad range recreational pursuits, is fully integrated with Dandenong’s city centre and surrounding residential areas, and is well used by our diverse community.