We want to hear from artists, the creative sector and residents interested in the introduction of a new art space in the heart of Dandenong.
Council is considering redeveloping a disused industrial building into a creative industry space and would like to hear from people who would potentially use the space.
The building is the former Precinct Energy Plant at the corner of Halpin Way and Moysey Lane, Dandenong. It is next to the old Masonic Hall, which is being redeveloped into the new Greater Dandenong Gallery of Art.
In close proximity to other civic and cultural facilities, it provides an opportunity to expand Dandenong’s cultural precinct.
The current building has no natural light source so uses would be limited, however Council wants to explore how creators could use the space and how it could be used to add to our already vibrant arts community.
The building could include space for creating artforms such as digital and new media art, film, game design, live art, community and experimental theatre, music production and performance, as well as catering for more traditional arts forms.
Council is now seeking to gauge the level of community support for this proposal. We want to hear what facilities, amenities and activities might be included for the best outcomes for our community.
Have your Say
Have your say
The survey will be open until Sunday 20 December.
Join the Discussion
Join us for an online forum to discuss this proposal. The forum will be held on Wednesday 16 November at 7pm and go for 75 minutes.
RSVP for the Forum
Planned Project Outcomes
- enable our community to tell their own stories through the making of new art works
- create new cultural, creative, social and economic activity for our community
- be accessible, affordable and available for artists and the public
- be a place where our creative communities can come together and collaborate
- create a space that is bold, differentiated, destinational and precinct defining
- connect to new, cross-generational audiences
- provide a creative co-working space for the creative industries in Dandenong
- support arts education and new arts practice.