What is the Central Enrolment Scheme for kindergarten?
As the kindergarten planner for Greater Dandenong, Council provides the buildings and central enrolment for kindergartens to ensure that every child has access to a kindergarten place within Greater Dandenong. Council does not run the kindergarten service.
The Central Enrolment Scheme:
- supports families to identify their three local kindergartens of choice and participate in the allocation process in a transparent and fair manner.
- ensures that all registered enrolment applications remain active, families need to ensure all details are kept current. If your details need to be changed, please log into your account in the portal.
For further information about year of attendance and priority of access, visit eligibility and priority of access criteria section of the Kindergarten page.
How do families enrol for kindergarten?
Step 1 - Locate a Kindergarten
Visit the kindergarten service and decide on the kindergarten that best meets your needs.
To locate a kindergarten near you visit the Kindergartens in Greater Dandenong page.
Step 2 - Check Kindergarten Timetable and Vacancies
To check for vacancies with selected kindergarten service please email our Children's services admin team ChildrenServAdminSupport@cgd.vic.gov.au.
Select link below to view the Kindergarten Timetables
2023 Provisional Kindergarten Timetables for Three and Four Year old
Step 3 - Complete Online Enrolment
Council accepts kindergarten enrolments all year round.
Benefits of Enrolment Portal
Families who enrol through the online portal will:
- Receive a confirmation email once they have submitted their enrolment
- Be able to easily upload documents via your smart phone/tablet/computer
- Be able to complete the enrolment when it is most convenient to you
- Be able to access the portal 24-hours
- Be able to update your information without having to phone or email
- Add children in later years to existing accounts
- Have access to current preferences if you cannot remember
Step 4 - Allocation Process
During the year on the following dates the allocation process begins:
From Monday 24 July 2023
First round offers for 3 and 4 year old kindergarten places will begin.
Families will receive an email or SMS offer; you will be able to accept or decline this offer using the appropriate response located within the email or SMS. Please respond to the offer within five working days.
If your child has been placed on the waiting list you will also be notified by email and SMS, you can choose to remain on the waiting list or be allocated to your 2nd or 3rd preference kindergarten.
Second round offers for 3 and 4 year old kindergarten places will begin.
Families will receive an email or SMS offer, you will be able to accept or decline this offer using the appropriate response located within the email or SMS. Please respond to the offer within five working days.
If your child is not allocated a place in any of the two initial allocation rounds the Central Enrolment Officer will contact, you directly to discuss your options.
All offers that have been made will be sent out to the kindergarten service providers. The kindergarten will then contact parents to confirm your enrolment at their service.
Please note three and four-year-old kindergarten places are allocated separately. Every effort will be made to place your child at the same service for four-year-old kindergarten. However, there is no guarantee of this.
Further information - Links
To find out further information about the Kindergarten Enrolment Policy please view our Central Kindergarten Enrolment Policy 2021
Enrolling and starting Kindergarten visit the Department of Education and Training website.