The day your bins are collected depends on where you live.
To find out what day your bins are collected, enter your address above.
Putting out your bins
Bins should be put out the night before collection day. They should be placed out on the nature strip:
- parallel to the kerb with the lid opening onto the road
- away from overhead trees
- away from power poles or street signs
- away from parked cars
- spaced at least 300mm away from other bins
Missed bin collection
There are several reasons why your bin(s) may not have been emptied:
- Bin not placed out in time for collection
- Bin was placed out on the wrong night or wrong week
- Bin was contaminated
- Bin was too heavy or contained inappropriate materials
- Bin was not easily accessible
- Bin was not placed on street correctly
If a bin is not emptied because of points 3 to 6, a sticker will be placed on your bin so you know.