child and mother at immunisation session


Immunisation/vaccination is a free service provided by the City of Greater Dandenong to protect the health and wellbeing of your children. Immunisation not only protects your child from serious diseases, but also other children in the community. 

Immunisation Venues, Days and Times

Council runs a number of public immunisation sessions every month at a range of local community centres. See below for a list of venues and links to upcoming dates and times.

If your child has had vaccines overseas, please contact Council or the immunisation advice and 'catch up' service before attending a session.

Make a Booking

You will now need to make a booking before attending an immunisation session.
Please view all of our available sessions below. To see more information and to book, select the 'Book Now' button.

Immunisation advice and 'catch up' service

If your child has had vaccines overseas, please contact Council for immunisation advice and 'catch up' service on 8571 1000.

This service is for newly arrived families (migrants and refugees) to provide their child’s vaccination records to be assessed, and then a vaccination 'catch-up' schedule will be determined by a registered nurse.

All newly arrived families who have had any vaccinations overseas must first contact Council for 'catch-up' advice before booking into a session.

All documentation related to your child’s previous vaccinations (this must be in English), as well as your Medicare card and child health record (if available) will need to be provided to Council either electronically or via Council Customer Service

This service also caters for parents who have concerns about any vaccination issues.

Secondary school Immunisation program

There are several vaccinations recommended for secondary school students according to the National Immunisation Program, and these are given at school, by council’s qualified nurse immunisers.

Your child's school will send home consent cards at the beginning of the year, which need to be filled in and returned back to the school as soon as possible.

If your child misses a dose at school, please contact the immunisation team for more information on how we can get them vaccinated. Vaccinations at Council sessions are now by appointment only.

Immunisation History Certificates

Name Standard fee Description
Immunisation History Certificate Fee $24.50

Non-refundable, even if history cannot be found

Applicants 18 years and under currently studying in primary/high school are exempt of paying the fee


What to bring to an immunisation session

  • Baby record book (if you have one)
  • All immunisation records (including overseas records)
  • Medicare card 

Types of vaccinations

There are many diseases and infections that the City of Greater Dandenong immunisation service protects your child against for free as part of the National Immunisation Program.

To find out what vaccines are provided for free on the National Immunisation Program view the Immunisation Schedule Victoria 

Free influenza vaccinations for children under 5 years of ages

The influenza vaccine for children from six months to less than five years of age is free in Victoria since 2018. Two doses spaced at least one month apart are required in the first year of receiving influenza vaccination for this age group.

Council’s immunisation team are offering this to children at the regular community immunisation sessions for children living in City of Greater Dandenong.

Reactions to Immunisation

It is recommended that you wait at the immunisation session for 15 minutes following vaccination in case any reaction should occur.

If the reaction to the immunisation is causing concern, please contact your doctor or the immunisation provider. If after hours, contact the emergency department of your local hospital, or the 24 hour maternal and child health line on 13 33 29.

Record of Immunisation / Immunisation History

After attending an immunisation session you will be given a record/certificate of the immunisation. If you have a baby record book, the immunisation will be recorded in the book. Please ensure these records are kept in a safe place. 

Immunisation History

The City of Greater Dandenong holds records for infant and school vaccinations given by our immunisations service, but does not have records of immunisations given by doctors or other councils.

Immunisations histories for children vaccinated in Australia, at less than 7 years old, from 1996 onwards, are available from Medicare or the Australian Immunisation Register. Phone 1800 653 809 for this information.

Council does not keep immunisation records indefinitely. If you were born before 1992, Council will no longer have your records.

If you would like a copy of your Immunisation History from City of Greater Dandenong, please download the immunisation history request form and return to Council in person, by post or email. A (non refundable) application fee is payable when you lodge this form. Please see the cost table for more informaiton.

Immunisation History Request form - 241KB

For more information or if you are unable to download this form, please contact Council on 8571 1000.

Visit the State Government's Better Health Channel for more information on how to find your immunisation history.

Immunisation History Statement for entry into Kindergarten or Childcare

Immunisation records for kindergarten or school entry

An immunisation status certificate will be requested by kindergartens and primary schools on enrolment. The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) routinely send out an updated immunisation certificate to parents of all four year olds after they have received their 4 year old vaccinations.

If you haven’t received an updated certificate you may obtain one  (if your child is still under 7), by contacting the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) on 1800 653 809 and request that a certificate be sent out to you, or visit a Medicare office.

If your child is new to the country, please contact Council for assistance.

How to get an Immunisation History Statement

  • Print a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement via their individual myGov account.
  • Request a copy by contacting the Australian Immunisation Register(AIR) on 1800 653 809.
  • Request a copy by visiting a Medicare or Centrelink office.
  • If you do not have a Medicare card you must phone the AIR on 1800 653 809 to request an Immunisation History Statement which will be sent to you by Australia Post.