Greater Dandenong Council engaged Winslow Constructors Pty Ltd to undertake road works to extend Villiers Road in Keysborough through the Tatterson Park Reserve.
Construction works have been completed and road is opened for public now.
What did the works include?
- New road associated culvert and steel pedestrian bridge across the waterway.
- Speed humps along the new road to prevent speeding along the road
- Provision of a new shared path
- On street parking for easy access to new dog off-leash park
- New storm water drainage system
- New street lighting
Why were these works important?
Tatterson Park is a large regional multi-purpose reserve that provides a broad range of passive and active recreational opportunities such as sport fields, club rooms, playground, picnic facilities, barbeques, shelters, toilets, seating, car parks etc. The park is widely used by the community and visitors to the area.
The new road also provided the access to the Keysborough South Community Hub.
How will the community benefit?
Previously access to the Tatterson Park was from Cheltenham Road only. However, the new road will now provide access to the park from Church Road (Keysborough South community) as well as the visitors from other suburbs.
New and existing shared paths within the Tatterson Park have been linked to the bicycle network.