Can you spare 1-2 hours per week to support refugees and migrants to learn English?
The Melbourne AMEP Volunteer Tutor Scheme (VTS) team coordinates all volunteer recruitment, training and guides volunteers throughout their time supporting an AMEP learner.
The VTS will be holding two information sessions about becoming a volunteer tutor. Come along and find out about getting involved.
Build connection in your community
The Melbourne AMEP Volunteer Tutor Scheme matches volunteers with people from migrant and refugee backgrounds learning English. With one hour weekly sessions, volunteers support learners to:
- Gain confidence with conversational English
- Learn more about life in Australia
- Access services and explore pathways into further study or employment
- Importantly, volunteers connect people to community
This session will be held online via Zoom.
- Wednesday 8 November, 6.30pm – 7.15pm - Select this link to book for this session
How to get involved?
Read about tutor Roslyn’s Volunteer Tutor Scheme experience. Select this link to read Roslyn's story
For more information or questions please contact Havisha Dewan on 03 9269 8474.