The Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee provides high level support, specialised independent knowledge and advocacy for the implementation of Greater Dandenong’s vision for heritage as outlined in the Arts, Culture and Heritage Strategy 2022-26.
The committee is made up of community, independent and Councillor representatives as well as local collecting organisations such as the Dandenong and District Historical Society and the Springvale and District Historical Society.
The objectives of the Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee are to:
- provide high level advice to Council in relation to strategic direction of Greater Dandenong’s cultural heritage work, including any issues that may have the potential to impact on the development and delivery of the City’s heritage program,
- provide specialised independent knowledge to support the implementation of heritage components of the Arts, Culture and Heritage Strategy and any related Council policy,
- consider, identify and advocate for resources, partnerships and funding opportunities to successfully implement Council’s established priorities and work program,
- provide advice and report on opportunities to further promote heritage in the municipality,
- provide balanced advice around community needs, changing trends and professional best practice, including review and input into development of plans, policies and procedures,
- provide advice to ensure that the heritage program supports cultural diversity and the distinctive cultural heritage of our communities, and empowers and embraces Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures and experiences,
- provide advice in relation to the collection development, management and display of Council’s heritage collections,
- provide a forum for best practice and innovation to inform the best outcomes for the City.
Term of Appointment
The Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee is currently appointed until May 2025.
Should there be a need for the Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee to continue beyond this time, a re-appointment process will be undertaken for all members in accordance with the selection process outlined in the Terms of Reference.
Joining the Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee
Expressions of Interest for membership to the Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee are closed for the current term. Please revisit the website in May 2025 to read more information about joining the committee for future appointments.
Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee Terms of Reference - 900KB
Arts, Culture and Heritage Strategy 2022-26
For any further enquires please email email@example.com and a member of the team will contact you.