Council recognises the importance of parks and open spaces to our community. Following on from the public consultation, Council has used a range of community ideas and suggestions to prepare the Barry J Powell Reserve Draft Master Plan, which includes the two play space options.
- Option 1 is a large district-level play space of an approximately 1300m2 located next to the Jan Wilson Community Centre.
- Option 2 is a small local-level play space of an approximately 350m2 located next to the second Oval (the south eastern cricket oval).
Key themes to come out of face to face and online consultation include:
- Improvements to the two playgrounds, including providing shade and seating.
- Improvements to the sports and spectator facilities, including upgrading the existing sports pavilion, the toilet facilities and sheltered areas for spectators.
- Support for a multi-purpose court space for netball and basketball.
- Provide a circuit shared path around the park to support the informal walking and cycling.
- Potential for improved areas that cater for social sport, fitness station or outdoor gym.
- Improvements to the dog off leash area including fencing and more bins.
- Plant more trees and vegetation to provide more shady areas and wind breaks and to improve the visual amenity and environmental qualities of the park.
- Provide more park amenities such as barbecue and picnic facilities, seating, toilets, shade and drinking fountains to support social recreation.
Council believes that all of these themes have been captured in the draft Master Plan, but we would like to hear what you think.
The consultation for Barry J Powell Reserve has now closed.
Have Your Say
Comments on the Barry J Powell Reserve Draft Master Plan can be made via:
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have Your Say Booth (Located at the Dandenong Civic Centre, Level 2, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong)
Contacting Council on 8571 1000