We are building a significantly smarter and more capable digital ecosystem that will grow with us into the future.
This project forms a significant step in Greater Dandenong’s digital transformation journey. Over the coming years we will implement a series of projects which aim to extend and improve our online service delivery capacity via the expansion of digital infrastructure, governance and better work practices.
This project has seen Council completely redesign and rebuild our corporate website, including brand new websites for the Drum Theatre and Youth Services. Together these websites act as Council’s digital front door.
For residents this means improved access to information, services and consultations. Some highlights of the new corporate website include:
- a help bot
- dedicated pages for Council Works and Projects, Recreation areas and venues and Community Consultations
- the ability to use google translate across website pages
- all the websites are also accessible on all devices so residents can access Council information wherever they are, at any time.
We are excited for our community to visit and use our new digital front door and join us in moving towards a smarter, more digitally enabled future.
This project spanned the redevelopment of the following assets:
Staff Intranet – Webstar
Councillor Intranet – MACCS
Customer Service Information Repository - Council Assist
Specific design elements
The websites are designed to facilitate connection; connection to information, services and each other.
- Customer focused design, delivered via a smart and easy digital experience
- Showcase relevant information about Council's services, programs and functions
- Provide and encourage the use of self-serve options
- Automation of processes to ensure transparent, correct and current content delivery
- Integration of existing systems to leverage and streamline access to corporate information for users
With all sites delivered in November 2020, the project team are working on the continuous improvement of these sites. The team welcomes feedback from all users; the community and staff.
For more information on how to use the functions and options on Council’s websites visit the How to use Council’s websites page.