Community Care Services

Community Care is a support service to help older residents and residents with a disability remain active and supported in their home and community. The service also provides respite to their carers.

For each client, an assessment officer will then work with the client, their family and/or carer to determine the needs of the individual and develop a tailored care plan. They will also arrange for access to the most appropriate services.

Some of the services Community Care provides are:

Home Care

Provides assistance with domestic chores to maintain a safe, secure and health environment.

Personal care

Personal case is assistance with showering and other personal care needs.

Individual Social Support

Includes visiting services, accompanied shopping activities and access to assistive technology such as tablets, smart devices or internet subscriptions.

Respite services

Respite services provide support to carers of frail older people and people with disabilities by giving them a break from their caring role.

The range of services depends upon the needs of the carer and the person they are caring for. Services can be provided in a variety of ways and in a range of locations.

Home maintenance

The Home Maintenance Service can help to maintain homes in a safe and habitable condition.  Some of the services include installation of grab rails, smoke alarms, handheld showers and low maintenance garden redesign.

Food Services (Meals on Wheels)

Food Services can deliver a range of quality meals to a person's home when it becomes difficult for them to cook for themselves.

Social Support Groups

Planned Activity Group (PAG) program provides older people with a program of structured activities focused on interests, wellbeing and social interaction at our centre.

How do I access services?


Are you over 65 years of age?

The first stage is to find out if you are eligible for subsidised aged care. This involves a two-part assessment process that understands your needs and what services could help you. It starts with a simple phone call followed by an in-person assessment.

  1. Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422
  2. Have a home support assessment to determine eligibility
  3. Choose the City of Greater Dandenong as your provider
  4. Start accessing services (subject to eligibility)

Are you under 65 years of age?

You may be eligible for the HACC Program for Younger People. For more information on the program visit health.vic

  • Call Community Care on 8571 5503
  • Have a home support assessment to determine eligibility
  • Start accessing services with the City of Greater Dandenong 
The Commonwealth Government is making changes to aged care to improve outcomes for older people in our community.