There are many senior citizens, ethnic and cultural groups within the City of Greater Dandenong that provide social activities, meals or learning opportunities for older residents. The groups promote wellbeing, a better lifestyle and a positive approach to ageing.
Senior Clubs and Groups
There are over 75 senior clubs and groups that meet in venues throughout our municipality.
These clubs and groups:
- Represent most cultural groups and languages
- Provide social activities such as games, craft, music, dance, food and outings
- Provide genuine community and social engagement
- Promote active and healthy living
- Provide learning opportunities, digital literacy and peer-to-peer support
Join a club today and make new friends and begin a new social connection to continue enjoying life together.
For further information regarding clubs and groups contact the Positive Ageing Team on 8571 5556.
Check out the following Council-run events which are held throughout the year.