Senior couple walking in a park

Rates concessions and assistance

Rates concession for pensioners

You might get a discount on your rates if you hold either:

  • an eligible pensioner or concession card
  • a DVA Gold Card with war widow or TPI classification.

Your card address must be the same as your home address.

Health care card holders do not get a discount on their rates.

The Victorian Government provides the pensioner rates concession. The City of Greater Dandenong manages the discount for the Department of Human Services.

Check if you can get a rates discount (Department of Human Service).

To apply for a discount on your rates:

  1. Download the Department of Human Services' Rates Concession Application form
  2. Return the completed form to Council.

Job Seeker Rebate Application 

The Job Seeker Rebate has now closed.

Serious Financial Hardship Assistance

If you are currently experiencing difficulties in paying your council rates and charges, you may qualify for assistance under Council's Hardship Policy.

Council's Rates and Charges Hardship Policy allows rate payers to apply for rate deferral arrangements, or in extreme cases, part rates waivers.

Rates and Charges Hardship Policy - 58KB

Residents can apply for a financial hardship waiver of rates online:

Rates and Charges Hardship Application Waiver of Rates and Charges form   

If you do not wish to apply online, you can download a hardcopy application form below:

Rates and Charges Hardship Application - Deferral of Rates and Charges - 52KB

Rates and Charges Hardship Application - Waiver of Rates and Charges - 52KB