Each year your rates help to provide a large range of local services and projects.
The City of Greater Dandenong works hard to deliver a budget that:
- is financially responsible
- maintains existing services
- does not place a financial burden on our community.
2021-22 budget snapshot
Council's budget sets how it will spend the income it raises from your rates in 2021-22.
Council will spend rates income on buildings, roads and related services:
- capital works program: $63.36 million
- planning, building and regulatory services: $18.88 million
- buildings, roads, traffic management and drainage maintenance: $27.50 million.
Council will spend rates income on people:
- family, children and youth: $13.84 million
- health, aged and community services: $14.70 million.
Council will spend rates income on the community:
- parks, community facilities, sport and recreation: $21.42 million
- waste collection, street and public facilities cleaning: $24.90 million
- library, arts, culture and community events: $16.16 million.
Council will spend $4.24 million on Greater Dandenong business, including:
- renewing the activity centre
- economic development.
Council will spend $4.05 million on:
- risk management