Each year your rates help to provide a large range of local services and projects.
The City of Greater Dandenong works hard to deliver a budget that:
- is financially responsible
- maintains existing services
- does not place a financial burden on our community.
2020-21 budget snapshot
Council's budget sets how it will spend the income it raises from your rates in 2020-21.
Council will spend rates income on buildings, roads and related services:
- capital works program: $43.71 million
- planning, building and regulatory services: $18.26 million
- buildings, roads, traffic management and drainage maintenance: $27.07 million.
Council will spend rates income on people:
- family, children and youth: $13.52 million
- health, aged and community services: $14.48 million.
Council will spend rates income on the community:
- parks, community facilities, sport and recreation: $17.94 million
- waste collection, street and public facilities cleaning: $23.95 million
- library, arts, culture and community events: $15.54 million.
Council will spend $4.30 million on Greater Dandenong business, including:
- renewing the activity centre
- economic development.
Council will spend $3.90 million on:
- risk management