Rates notice delays
Council lodged second instalment notices with Australia Post on Monday 8 November 2021 for posting and delivery. Some of these notices have experienced delays in being received due to Australia Post being overrun with parcel deliveries in Victoria. In some instances mail delivery has been delayed by up to 10 days.
If you have been impacted by these delays, please note payment can be made by 31 December without any interest being applied.
How to pay your rates
You can pay rates:
- by direct debit
- by phone
- in person
- by post
Follow the prompts to make your payment via the secure payment portal.
You can make other payments such as animal registrations or fines at the same time.
Reference number: the 7-digit number
Enter your reference number. It's the 14-digit number on the back of your rates notice next to the Post
Enter the rest of your details and pay.
By direct debit
Biller Code: 0321
Reference number: on the back of your rates notice.
Minimum payment: $1
Post a cheque payable to 'City of Greater Dandenong' to:
City of Greater Dandenong
PO Box 200
DANDENONG VIC 3175
You can pay your City of Greater Dandenong rates in four or nine instalments.
Paying your rates by four instalments
Council will issue your rates notice in four instalments.
Council will issue your initial rates notice for the first instalment. Council will send reminder notices the second, third and fourth instalments.
Instalment payments are due on these dates:
- first instalment: 30 September 2020
- second instalment: 30 November 2020
- third instalment: 28 February 2021
- fourth instalment: 31 May 2021
To avoid interest being charged, each of the 4 instalment amounts shown on your notice need to be paid by those due dates. You can also pre-pay your instalments at any time.
Contact council to discuss other rate payment options.
Paying your rates by nine instalments
The first instalment is due on 30 September 2020.
The second to ninth instalments are due at the end of each month until 31 May 2021. Council will debit payments from your nominated account.
You will not receive instalment reminders for this payment option.
To choose this option:
- Download and print
a Rates Direct Debit Request Form - 71KB
- Complete the form and return it to Council.
If you choose this option mid year, it will only apply to the part of the rates you have not yet paid.
Can I get a rates discount?
Rates discount for pensioners
You might get a discount on your rates if you hold either:
- an eligible pensioner or concession card
- a DVA Gold Card with war widow or TPI classification.
Your card address must be the same as your home address.
Health care card holders do not get a discount on their rates.
Get more details on rates discounts.
What if I cannot pay my rates on time?
You must pay your rates instalments in full by the instalment due date. If you miss the due date, Council will charge
If you cannot pay your rates by the due date, contact Council.
Under Council's 'Rates and Charges Hardship Policy', you can apply to defer your rate payments.
How can I receive my rates?
You have three ways to get your rate notices:
- Paper copy posted to you via Australia Post mail. Unless you choose a different option, Council will post your rates notice.
- Electronic copy sent to your email address.
Ezybillcan do this for you.
- Electronic copy sent to your internet banking account via
If you want to get your rate notices by mail, then you
If you want to get your rate notices via email or
How can I get my rates notices via email (
- Register your details on the
- Activate your account after
EzyBillsends you an activation email.
- Register your properties to receive any future rate notices via email. Council will no longer send you paper rates notices.
How can I get my rates notices via
- Log into your online banking account.
- Look for the
BPayView® of 'View Bills' section.
- Register to receive your Greater Dandenong rate notices.
You will need to enter:
- BPAY Biller Code: 8987
- Your BPAY View registration number. You can find it on the lower section of your notice, under the BPAY logo.
- Your name. Type it exactly as it appears on your rate notice.
How can I manage my rates and property information?
My Greater Dandenong is Council's online portal that lets you:
- make payments
- keep track of your property information.
As a property owner, you can register to see a full property history, including rates, animal registrations and more.
You can also use the portal to make
Register now at
Change of Details
If your details have changed, complete the change of details form and submit to Council as soon as possible.
Fill in our Change your name and address form and either send it back via email, mail or drop it into Council's customer service centres .
You can send the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
PO Box 200