Senior couple walking in a park

Rates Concessions and Assistance

Pensioners Concessions

Residents may be eligible for a discount on your rates if they hold either:

  • an eligible pensioner or concession card
  • a DVA Gold Card with war widow or TPI classification.

The card must be the same as your home address as shown on your rates notice.

Health care card holders do not get a discount on their rates.

The Victorian Government provides the pensioner rates concession and the City of Greater Dandenong manages the discount for the Department of Human Services.

Check if you can get a rates discount (Department of Human Service).

How do you apply for pensioner concession?

To apply for a discount on your rates:

  1. Download the Department of Human Services' Rates Concession Application form
  2. Return the completed form, with a copy of your pension card, to City of Greater Dandenong. Return your completed form via Australia Post, or visit one of our Customer Service Centres.

Serious Financial Hardship Assistance

Residents who are currently experiencing difficulties in paying their council rates and charges, may qualify for assistance under Council's Hardship Policy.

Council's Hardship Policy allows rate payers to apply for rate deferral arrangements, or in extreme cases, part rates waivers. Read Council's Rates and Charges Hardship Policy - 58KB 

Residents can apply for a financial hardship waiver of rates online:

Rates and Charges Hardship Application Waiver of Rates and Charges form   

If you do not wish to apply online, you can download a hardcopy application form below:

Rates and Charges Hardship Application - Deferral of Rates and Charges - 52KB

Rates and Charges Hardship Application - Waiver of Rates and Charges - 52KB