When requesting copies of residential or commercial/industrial plans it is important to note:
- Plans and permits are the property of the owner, and copies of documents may only be provided to the owner or an agent of the owner (written letter of consent from the owner required).
- File retrieval and plan/document copying is processed within 14 business days of the date the application is received. Priority service is not available.
- Relevant applications fees are outlined on the application form, and are non-refundable in all cases. Files will not be retrieved until payment is made.
- Please be aware that the age of the property can factor in to the availability of the file(s).
Residential Plans and Documentation (Class 1 and 10)
Plans - Once the relevant fees have been paid, files will be retrieved and a copy of all plans made. If documentation cannot be located you will be contacted.
Documents - documents available for residential properties are the Occupancy Permit, Certificate of Final Inspection, Building Permit and Warranty Insurance. If multiple permits have been issued on the property there will be a fee applicable per permit.
Commercial/Industrial Plans and Documentation (Class 2-9)
Plans - Once the application form has been received an officer from the Building Department will be in contact with you regarding options and cost breakdown. The initial application fee is outlined on the application form.
Documents - documents available for commercial industrial properties are the Occupancy Permit, Certificate of Final Inspection and Building Permit and in some cases Soil Report and Warranty Insurance. If multiple permits have been issued on the property there will be a fee applicable per permit.
How to apply
Request copies for Building Plans or Documents
- Complete Request for a Copy of Building Documents or Plans Form.
Written letter of consent from the owner required if applicant is not the owner.