House with approved words written

Building Report and Consent

What is a report and consent?

As set out in the Building Act 1993 (the Act) and the Building Regulations 2018 (the Regulations), a report and consent is the process for consulting with and obtaining the approval of a reporting authority when building work may affect assets, infrastructure or amenity of the community.

Councils are given the power to consent to or refuse certain designs affecting public infrastructure and amenity.

It is the responsibility of the relevant building surveyor undertaking the building permit assessment to determine if a report and consent is required. A designer, architect or other specialists who use these provisions regularly should be able to provide general advice if your ideas or designs require report and consent.

How to apply

Complete a Report and Consent Application Form.

Report and Consent Application Form - 226KB

29A Report and Consent on Proposed Demolition Application Form - 439KB

How to submit your application


Mail: City of Greater Dandenong, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175

In person: Greater Dandenong Civic Centre, Level 3, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong