Miniature house with building plans and keys

Property Information Requests

When a property is bought or sold it is necessary for information to be provided from the vendor (seller) to the purchaser. Information is often sourced from Council through the conveyancing services of solicitors dealing with the paperwork involved in buying and selling the property.

Under sub-regulation 51(1) of the Building Regulations 2018 any person may request:

  • details of any permit (issued under the Building Act or predecessors), certificate of final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years
  • details of any current statement issued under 64, 65 and 231 of the Regulations
  • any current notice, by the relevant building surveyor

Under sub-regulation 51(2) of the Building Regulations 2018 information may be requested on whether land is in:

  • an area liable to flooding within the meaning of regulation 153;
  • an area designated under regulation 150 as an area in which buildings are likely to be subject to infestation by termites;
  • a designated bush fire prone area
  • an area determined under regulation 152 to be likely to be subject to significant snowfalls
  • an area designated within the meaning of regulation 154

How to submit a property information request

Fill in the property information request form  and return to Council to a customer service centre or by post.

Property Information Request Form - 85KB

A copy of title for property or a copy of subdivision may be required, but this will be requested by Building Services once they assess your application.

For urgent requests,  you can ask for a priority request. A priority processing fee is applicable and conditions apply. For more information contact Council.