Hairdresser's chairs and mirror set up

Purchasing a Food, Health or Accommodation Business Registration

If you are considering buying a business which is registered with the City of Greater Dandenong, it is recommended that you organise a Council inspection and premises report prior to purchase. This will help inform you of any outstanding notices on the premises and any works that are required to be completed so that the premises is compliant.

The inspection conducted will only assess the requirements under the Food Act 1984 and/or Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008. If you need information about compliance with Council’s Building and/or Planning Department requirements, you will need to contact these departments separately.