Temporary parking bay/Work Zone hire
You can hire parking bays or a length of road on a temporary basis for Work Zones at building sites, and for similar reasons. You cannot hire the following kinds of parking bays:
- Loading Zones
- Disabled Bays
- No Parking areas
- No Stopping areas
In high traffic areas such as shopping centres and hospital zones, arrange a permit with the City of Greater Dandenong. It will be the permit holder's responsibility to reserve the bay.
Make your request at least 3 working says before the time you need the parking bays and at least 1 month before you need a Works Zone.
If you hold a temporary parking bay hire permit, you must:
- not obstruct or endanger road vehicles or pedestrians
- display the permit on the dashboard of the vehicle.
Where the permit is for a work zone (construction sites only), Council will install temporary signage.
Hiring a parking bay or area
To apply for a permit:
- Return the completed Application for a parking bay permit form to Council.
Pay the application fee:
- In person: Customer Service Centre
- Post: PO Box 200, Dandenong, VIC 3175
- Fax: 8571 5196
- Email: email@example.com