Greater Dandenong City Council has recently welcomed three COVID Project Support Officers to support small businesses and culturally and linguistically diverse communities be COVIDSafe.
The Officers have been out and about visiting hospitality and retail businesses, providing them with information packs, advice and assistance regarding the latest COVID-19 directions and specific business requirements. Including:
- Support with setting up QR codes
- Providing a COVIDSafe Plan template
- Measuring density quotients
- Providing advice regarding the six principles of COVID Safe workplaces and showing business where they can access the latest COVID-19 updates and directions
- Providing information on grants and funding available to businesses during a COVID-19 outbreak or lockdown
All businesses are now required to use the Victorian Government QR Code Service to check-in their workers, customers, clients and other visitors on arrival.
Businesses should also have a completed COVIDSafe Plan and apply the six principles for COVIDSafe workplaces:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear a face mask
- Practise good hygiene
- Keep electronic records and act quickly
- Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- Create workforce bubbles
If you would like a visit from a COVID Project Support Officer, please email Council at COVID19@ cgd.vic.gov.au with your business name and contact details.
For more information visit Victorian Government website.