Council meetings are held twice each month and are open to the public. Gallery seating is subject to density limits and all attendees must provide proof of vaccination (COVID-19 Digital Certificate) or a medical exemption from the Australian Immunisation Register.
Public Council Meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of each month at the Dandenong Civic Centre, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong, commencing at 7pm.
Council meetings are also streamed on the Urban Screen in Harmony Square, or may be viewed remotely via webcast. For remote viewing, please select the Council Meeting date below that you wish to view.
Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Did you know you can now view an agenda or meeting minutes for a specific meeting by using the meeting search below or selecting the meeting you wish to view?
We have stored each agenda and set of minutes in each meeting event below. You can also find the link to view the webcast of the meeting in the meeting event as well.
Agenda and Minutes availability on the website:
- Council meeting agendas are available to view online at 12pm on the Thursday prior to the meeting.
- Council meeting minutes are available to view in the events below the week following the meeting.
Feedback on council meetings
Council continually monitors the way it conducts council meetings and aims to make it easier for the public to follow the progress of each meeting.
Council would like your ideas of how council meetings can be improved. Please include your ideas on the council meetings feedback form (also available at council meetings) and send back to the Governance Business Unit, City of Greater Dandenong, PO Box 200, Dandenong, Vic 3175 or via fax to 8571 5196.
Petitions and joint letters
Council’s current Meeting Procedure Local Law outlines the requirements for petitions should a member of the public wish to submit one for tabling at a Council meeting. For a petition to be accepted it must:
- be in legible and permanent writing (i.e no grey lead pencil that can be erased)
- not be defamatory, indecent or objectionable in language or content
- not relate to matters beyond the powers of Council (note, if requests are received regarding matters outside the power of Council we will forward onto the relevant authority on behalf of the petitioner)
- bear the whole of the petition or request upon each page of the petition (i.e. the details of what the request is for must be on each page that has signatures not just the first page)
- consist of single pages of paper and must not be pasted, stapled or pinned or otherwise affixed to any other paper