Share your creativity and be part of the 9 by 5 Exhibition
Thursday 3 December 2020 – Saturday 23 January 2021
The Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre’s 9 by 5 Exhibition has become a nationally recognised art event that celebrates diversity within the arts community. Artists from around Australia present their creativity on nine by five inch panels in a wide variety of styles.
This long-standing exhibition, celebrating its 15th year in 2020, commemorates the original 9 by 5 Exhibition held in Melbourne in 1889 which featured Tom Roberts, Charles Conder, Arthur Streeton and Frederick McCubbin, where artists produced uniform artwork on nine by five inch cigar box lids.
The sale of our art boards is closed.
How to return your works and be part of the exhibition
- Please post your completed works to Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175
- The completed works need to be received by Friday 20 November for inclusion in the exhibition.
- Due to the impacts of COVID-19 presently there has been significant delays in postal deliveries. Please keep this in mind when it comes time to ordering and returning the boards.
- Exhibition dates may be changed and subject to COVID restrictions.
- Due to the impacts of COVID-19 presently there has been significant delays in postal deliveries. Please keep this in mind when it comes time to returning the boards.
For further information contact Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre.
Banner image: Marie-Therese Wisniowski, Rainforest Beauty, 2019, Hand printed, hand painted and silkscreened, nine inches by five inches, The 9 by 5 Exhibition.
When will my works be exhibited?
The exhibition runs from 3 December 2020 to 23 January 2021.
How many works can I submit?
A maximum of 3 artworks per artist will be accepted. There are no refunds for purchased boards that are not submitted.
When do I need to return my works for inclusion of the exhibition?
It is the responsibility of the artist to deliver the artwork via post, arriving Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre no later than Friday 20 November 2020.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19 presently there have been significant delays in postal deliveries. Please keep this in mind when it comes time to ordering and returning the boards.
Can I sell my work at this exhibition?
Artworks will only be available for sale should the exhibition be presented in a public exhibition format at Council’s Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre. Commission of 25 percent applies to all works sold. Artworks must be priced at a minimum of $10 each.
Unsold works can be collected after the conclusion of the exhibition.