Planning and Environment Act 1987
Greater Dandenong Planning Scheme
Notice of the Preparation of an Amendment
The Greater Dandenong City Council has prepared Amendment C228gdan to the Greater Dandenong Planning Scheme.
The amendment proposes to change the public open space contribution rates for new subdivisions of non-exempt land and buildings intended to be used for residential and commercial purposes.
The amendment will:
- Amend Clause 21.06 (Open Space and Natural Environment) of the Local Planning Policy Framework to reference the Greater Dandenong Open Space Strategy 2020-2030 (City of Greater Dandenong, 2020).
- Replace the Schedule to Clause 53.01 (Public Open Space Contributions and Subdivision) with a revised schedule that clarifies the wording and specifies the following public open space contribution rates:
o Non-exempt residential subdivisions will be required to pay 6.3 per cent of the site value of the land in the subdivision.
o Non-exempt commercial subdivisions will be required to pay 2 per cent of the site value of the land in the subdivision.
o Non-exempt mixed-use subdivisions will be required to pay a combination of the above percentage rates of the site value of the land in the subdivision in accordance with the calculation method included in the Greater Dandenong Public Open Space Contributions and Subdivision Calculations Plan 2021 (City of Greater Dandenong, 2021).
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 72.08 Background Documents to include the Greater Dandenong Open Space Strategy 2020-2030 (City of Greater Dandenong, 2020) and the Greater Dandenong Open Space Strategy Open Space Contributions Assessment (Urban Enterprise, December 2020).
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the following City of Greater Dandenong Customer Service centres:
- 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong
- 5 Hillcrest Grove, Springvale
- Shop A7, Parkmore Shopping Centre, Cheltenham Road, Keysborough
- Council's website
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing, giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions.
The closing date for submissions is Friday 20 May 2022.
A submission must be sent to council by:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or
Post: Strategic Planning Amendment C228, City of Greater Dandenong, PO Box 200, DANDENONG VIC 3175
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.
Mr. Jody Bosman
Director City Planning, Design and Amenity