As the weather starts to warm up, so can our homes which can lead to higher energy bills. We have some cheap and easy tips to save energy this summer.
- Keep blinds or curtains closed during the day to keep the heat out
- Planting large plants in pots and trees in the appropriate places can cast shade over your home in summer, but still let the sun shine through in winter
- When it gets cooler in the evening you may want to open your windows and doors to cool your home naturally
- Sip icy-cold drinks, apply a damp cloth to your neck and other pressure points on your body, or have a cold shower to cool your body
- Switch to energy-saving bulbs, they’re cooler
To assist with any increase in energy bills, all Victorian’s can access the $250 Power Saving Bonus from Victorian Energy Compare. For those that need some extra help, the Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria is offering assistance to access the bonus.