Every year Greater Dandenong City Council produces a Community Calendar for residents which features photos taken in our municipality.
We love seeing our city through your eyes and last year launched a competition calling for residents to submit photos taken in Greater Dandenong.
The competition was a huge success with more than 370 entries, and we have decided to run another competition for the 2024 Community Calendar.
A judging panel, including the Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre curator, will select 12 finalists for inclusion in the calendar to be distributed to the community in December 2023.
The panel will also select one winner each from four categories to take home cash prizes. The categories include:
- The Built Environment
- Children and Young People (taken by children and young people aged 4-16)
- Open category – an extra winner chosen from across the previous three categories.
Submissions will close on Friday 29 September 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- The photograph must be taken within the Greater Dandenong City Council municipality.
- The photograph must be taken by you.
- Images should focus on the surrounding environment, landscape and architecture. We would prefer not to have people in the photographs.
- Photographs should be taken in a landscape (horizontal) perspective and at 300dpi.
- You may submit up to five photos for inclusion and more than one may be selected.
- Council will notify in October 2023 if your submission has been successful.
- Photographs will not be accepted without a completed entry form. Each photograph requires a separate entry form. You must select one category on the entry form: Nature, The Built Environment or Children and Young People (taken by children and young people aged 4-16 years).
- Four cash prizes will be awarded. One prize from each of the three categories and one to an extra prize winner chosen from all entries.
- Employees and immediate family members of employees of the Greater Dandenong City Council and immediate families of the judging panel can enter to exhibit their work but are ineligible to win prizes.
- Photographers agree to permit work(s) selected for exhibition to be reproduced by print and electronic media in the advertising and promotion of the exhibition, Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre and Arts in Greater Dandenong.
- Greater Dandenong City Council reserves the right to determine final works to be exhibited.
- Placement of the works in the exhibition is at the Curator’s discretion.
- Any disputes in relation to these Terms and Conditions or the relationship between Greater Dandenong City Council and the Artist shall be dealt with in accordance with the City of Greater Dandenong Dispute Resolution Guidelines. A copy will be provided to artists upon request.