The City of Greater Dandenong plays a key role in the planning, development and support of arts and culture throughout the city. Through a rich offering of arts programs, projects, festivals and events, both inside and out of our cultural facilities council promotes cultural participation, opportunities and interest in the arts across Greater Dandenong and beyond.
About the Arts Advisory Board
The Arts Advisory Board has been established to support Greater Dandenong’s vision for arts and culture across the municipality. The Board provides input, advocacy and specialised knowledge to guide Council’s efforts in promoting, supporting and growing arts in the City of Greater Dandenong.
The Board provides independent advice, monitors and oversees the implementation of the City of Greater Dandenong Arts and Cultural Heritage Strategy and other strategic plans.
The Arts Advisory Board addresses issues arising and supports arts and culture at The City of Greater Dandenong by:
- Providing advice to Council regarding the strategic direction for arts and culture.
- Providing high-level input into the planning and management processes for arts and cultural venues and programs.
- Providing high-level advice and influence required to guide arts capital investment outcomes.
- Balancing community benefit with the strategic oversight of Council’s capital and operational investments for the arts.
- Considering and advocating for funding and sponsorship opportunities as they arise.
The Arts Advisory Board is made up of up to five community representatives, a Councillor representative and representatives of council’s arts teams. Meetings are held quarterly. Members of the Arts Advisory Board also attend and lead the volunteer working groups. Opportunities to join the Arts Advisory Board will be promoted via this webpage when they become available.
Arts Working Groups
The Arts Advisory Board hosts working groups which further support the work of the Board. Current working groups include the Community Connections Working Group, The Drum Working Group and the Public Art Working Group.
Community Connections Working Group’s overall responsibilities are to:
- Provide advice, information and recommendations to the Arts Advisory Board on ways to engage with the local community to maximise participation in the arts.
- Support the implementation of relevant arts and cultural community engagement strategies.
- Public Art Working Group’s overall responsibilities are to:
- Consider and advise the Arts Advisory Board for Council on matters relating to public art, drawing on expert input from industry specialists.
- Review public art proposals in accordance with the Public Art Policy and advise the Arts Advisory Board for Council.
- Support public art initiatives across the City of Greater Dandenong including identifying opportunities for external partnerships that enhance Council’s public art collection.
- Provide a forum for best practice and innovation in public art.
The Drum Working Group’s overall responsibilities are to:
- Consider and advise the Arts Advisory Board for Council on matters relating to strategic oversight and seeking opportunities for the Drum Theatre, drawing on expert input from industry specialists and community and other stakeholder feedback.
For more information on the Arts Advisory Board contact Council’s arts and cultural development team on email@example.com
Call for Nominations for the Arts Advisory Board will be posted to the Arts Opportunities page as required.
For more information on other Council Advisory Committees see listing on our Community Services page.