Welcome to Buckley Lane – named after one of the area’s pioneers – Alan Frank Buckley. Alan Buckley was responsible for the early development of Noble Park and its community.
In 1909 – in a display of entrepreneurial spirit – he purchased the land that would become Noble Park. Buckley then subdivided and sold the land, creating the start of Noble Park as we know it today. Despite the fact that Buckley named the “park-like area” after his eldest son Noble, there were rumours that Noble Park was named after the Nobel Explosives Co Ltd, who demonstrated their product by blowing up some of the red gums in the district. Alan Buckley worked diligently to create the fledgling Noble Park community – establishing the first school and the first postal service. After the Railway Commission refused to fund a train station for Noble Park, Buckley raised the £552 needed to establish a station. It opened in June 1913, with trains stopping twice daily.
The Buckley family were very generous, donating land for the Public Hall, the railway station the Church of England and what is now known as Pat Wright Reserve. There are many local streets named after Buckley family members – including Frank, Alan, Noble, Buckley, Joy, Douglas, Stuart and Aenone. Buckley and his family moved to Cragieburn around 1912. While his legacy is the foundation of Noble Park, it is unknown why he chose to leave the area just as the burgeoning suburb was becoming the community he worked so hard to create.