Council cannot assess your planning permit application until you provide all required information.
During the initial assessment of your application, Council will identify any extra information it requires. If needed, Council will send you a formal Request for Further Information (RFI).
The RFI might state if Council has initial concerns or sees a potential issue with your application. The RFI will state the date by when you must provide the information.
If you do not provide Council with all requested information by the due date, the application will lapse and close. Council cannot assess the application further or re-open it. You will need to lodge a new planning permit application with all required information and pay the application fees.
Request an extension to the RFI due date
If you need more time to provide the extra information, you must request an extension in writing. You must do this before the RFI due date.
In your request, you must include:
- the reasons why you need more time
- a reasonable revised due date for when you will provide the information.
Submit your further information or a request for an RFI extension
Submit your further information or a request for an RFI extension:
- electronically via the Online Planning Portal
- by email to email@example.com
- by post to Planning Department, City of Greater Dandenong, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175
- in person at the Planning Service Counter at the Greater Dandenong Civic Centre, Level 3, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong.
Council’s Statutory Planning Department prefers to receive correspondence and documents electronically. This helps improve processing times and reduces paper usage, supporting Council’s vision to be a sustainable city.
What happens next?
Council will assess your request and provide a written response.