The City of Greater Dandenong is focusing on increasing habitat for a range of special animals in our municipality.
These individual programs have been funded by the grants and by the City of Greater Dandenong:
- Providing habitat and shelter for the Migrating Swift Parrot
- Restoring platypus habitat along the Dandenong Creek
- Connecting creek corridors for the Sugar Gliders
- Monash Reserve Microbat linkage
- Trees are cool - urban tree cooling at Corio Reserve
- Birds and the bees - Pollinators Citizen Science Program
- Bush food trail and Blue Tongue Lizard awareness
- Native fish fighting back
- Birds for wetlands
- Laughing Kookaburras and lillies of Yarraman Creek
Council is working towards growing for the future of not only these species but all indigenous plants and animals. And along the way we are creating opportunities for our residents to get outdoors and enjoy what nature has to offer. We invite you to explore all our projects and discover all the amazing creatures and their habitats, in your own parks and nature reserves.