In some situations, the Minister for Planning is the responsible authority for reviewing and deciding on planning permit applications.
These situations include when the planning permit application:
- relates to the use or development of land within the area known as the Declared Project Area—Central Dandenong
- meets the thresholds set under Clause 72.01 of the Greater Dandenong Planning Scheme.
The Minister for Planning is the responsible authority when:
- the development has four or more storeys
- the use and/or development will have 60 or more dwellings
- the use and/or development will have a gross floor area of more than 10,000 square metres
- a public authority or municipal council owns any part of the land and the estimated cost of development is more than $10,000,000
- Development Victoria (formerly known as Places Victoria) makes the planning permit application
- an application relates to land Development Victoria (formerly known as Places Victoria) owns.
Note: Exclude basement levels when calculating number of storeys.
How to submit your application
You can submit Ministerial planning permit applications and pay application fees through the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) website.
Revitalising Central Dandenong Infrastructure Recovery Charge (IRC)
The Revitalising Central Dandenong (RCD) initiative is being delivered by Development Victoria (formerly Places Victoria) in partnership with the City of Greater Dandenong.
Since 2006, the Infrastructure Recovery Charge (IRC) has applied to the RCD Declared Project Area in Central Dandenong and has contributed to the delivery of infrastructure for the local community.
Changes to the IRC from 25 February 2021
Following a review of the IRC, the charge no longer applies to future developments on privately-owned land in the RCD Declared Project Area that have not commenced construction or received a building permit.
To find out more about the removal of the IRC, visit the Development Victoria - Revitalising Central Dandenong website and download the RCD IRC Removal fact sheet (April 2021) or contact Development Victoria on 8317 3400 or by email RCD.Enquiries@development.vic.gov.au