If you need to amend a planning permit, consider speaking to Council first.
If you have a valid planning permit, you can apply to amend the:
- conditions of a planning permit
- use and/or development the planning permit was issued for
- approved (endorsed) plans.
You must submit an Application to Amend a Planning Permit if your proposed changes either:
- affect the reason for the permit
- affect the conditions of the permit
- seek to change the approved (endorsed) plans in a way that is different to a condition of the Planning Permit.
An application to amend a planning permit follows the same process as a new planning permit application. Council might need to advertise it (fees will apply) and refer it to other agencies for approval.
What you must provide
Include the following minimum requirements when you submit your application:
- a completed Application to Amend a Planning Permit form (not required if your application is submitted via the Online Planning Portal)
- a full and current copy of the Certificate of Title dated no older than 90 days, including the Title Plan, Register Search Statement and all associated title documents known as ‘Instruments’
- a full copy of any registered restrictive covenant or Section 173 Agreements that may apply to your land (these are included on your Certificate of Title or as an attachment to it)
- a digital copy of your plans with the proposed amendments clearly highlighted - for more information, see Plans required for your planning application
- a statement or covering letter detailing the reasons for the amendments and a list of all proposed changes
- the application fee
If you do not choose to submit your application via the Online Planning Portal and you wish to pay the application fee by credit card, please submit your application to Council and you will be sent an invoice. You can pay it online via MyGreaterDandenong.com.
Applications will not be formally lodged and cannot be processed until the full application fee has been paid.
For more information about fees and what you need when applying, visit the Planning forms, fees and information guides page.
Submit your application
Submit your application to amend a planning permit:
- electronically via the Online Planning Portal
- by email to email@example.com
- by post to Planning Department, City of Greater Dandenong, PO Box 200, Dandenong VIC 3175
- in person at the Planning Service Counter at the Greater Dandenong Civic Centre, Level 3, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong.
Council’s Statutory Planning Department prefers to receive correspondence and documents electronically. This helps improve processing times and reduces paper usage, supporting Council’s vision to be a sustainable city.
What happens next?
Visit the How Council assesses your planning application page to see what happens after you submit your application.